Too Finicky For My Own Good

The first day of my self-depreciating life... that should be a song!

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Holiday Cheer

I copied this with my own answers from jen's blog:

Am I a scrooge? Judge for yourself.

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I'll take the nog with extra rum. I hate hot chocolate. It always tastes like hot water with a brown crayon.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Of course he sits them under the tree. Mom and Dad wrap them.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I do all white. I don't care for multi-color. Kind of tacky.

.4. Do you hang mistletoe? Used to. but it always fall apart and it is poinson to cats... can't have it anymore.

5. When do you put your decorations up? day after Thanksgiving. Living in florida you have to do it early. The weather is not very 'christmassy' so you have to do what you can to get in the mood.

6. - What is your favorite holiday dish? Holiday dish is stuffing. BUT as I mentioned before, Mike's Pizza was a tradition for Christmas Eve.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I really can't remember much, but I loved a white doggie radio. and silly sand.. I guess making cookies with mom while rudolph was on TV.


8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? My brother of course. he is 2 or 3 years older. But I dont think I ever really believe. I was too logical. but I still swear I saw the easter bunny in our house when I was about 4. I looked into the living room from my room and saw a huge brown furry thing walking around. Maybe we were just getting robbed.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I don't. My kids do now though. we always used to get Mike's Pizza after church service on new years eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? alone. nobody ever helps. which is why I only have a fake tree now. plus the cats climb a real tree and I step on pine needles. I swore I would never use a fake tree, and I would never get a real one now. One year we got real, and there was a spider nest in it. they infested the house. It's just not worth it.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it?Love to stay out of school. liked to sledding as a kid. Hate it now because you still have to go to work. I live in Florida now. I just worry about hurricanes.

12. Can you ice skate?Yes. and I'm damned good.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I dont really remember. (see question 7). I also remember my yellow 3 speed bike. that was awesome.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? It's important to STICK to your plans... if we are not exchanging gifts,... then DON'T FREAKING GIVE ME ONE!!!!! You just want me to look like an ass!

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? The cookies were the most important thing. Mom made all different kinds. I would have to say pinwheels, peanut butter blossums and chocolate mint brownies are a neccessity.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I really don't think we have a lot of traditions. Kennys family always has a big thing on Christmas eve, but other than pizza, I can't think of any... susie, can you help me??

17. What tops your tree? a glass pinty thing. I think it's supposed to be a star but I have no idea. I think this year we should put Cartman.

18. Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Giving... see my rant at #14.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night. sung by Andrea McArdle. When she was in Annie, about 14 yrs old, she was on a christmas special. Girl can belt!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I don't care for the taste but they are fun to suck until a sharp point forms, then poke your brother.

21. Do you like fruitcake? Would you give it to someone as a gift? Can you say 'hardened sliced vomit' ? I would never give that to someone, whether they liked it or not.

22. How long will you keep up your Christmas decorations? Usually before New Years. It is just depressing after that.

23. If you could have a reindeer as a pet, which one would you? Rudolph, because according to mom, he was shown for the first time on my birthday.

24. Are you one of the people always wearing a Santa hat around the holidays?We don't do hats...ever, which down here in the south is a sin for your husband to now own a kajillion baseball or john deere caps.

Your turn

2 Comments:

  • At 1:34 AM, Blogger Scott Roeben said…

    Is it weird to have some strange guy commenting on your blog? Yeah, I hear ya. But that mistletoe thing reminded me of some ornaments I created. Not for sale or anything, just thought you might enjoy them. They're on my blog: http://scottroeben.blogspot.com.

     
  • At 4:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Christmas traditions: The train under the tree, Church Christmas Eve, with the snow falling while the choir sang to the congregation, Mike's Pizza (then Chinese when Mike decided to close for Christmas, A new one for us, a pickle hidden in the tree.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home