Too Finicky For My Own Good

The first day of my self-depreciating life... that should be a song!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Fat-stomach-giving

There are good and bad things about not living near relatives. The bad is obvious.... no babysitters.. kidding. I miss the holidays with them. and the feeling that you are part of something bigger... BUT the good news is not having to visit two homes at the same night for each holiday. and getting fat as a pig from them trying to feed you!

Last night I made brown sugar glazed ham for me and Logie, and a chicken-stuffing-vermouth casserole recipe that my mom gave me. It's always a hit. I could eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner... and midnight snack.

Pumpkin pie.. eww.. kenny likes it. no one else. The pecan pies were no where to be found at Publix, so the rest of us were screwed and ate christmas cookies with cookie dough ice cream. I put up the christmas lights and tree. Funny, as a kid, we made fun of the neighbors for putting everything up the day after Thanksgiving but I had some Sake and went wild. I even bought the 'icicles' to put on my bathroom balcony.

I don't know why I always dread Christmas, I guess I see money bags flying out the window. Am I cheap? Maybe... I was told by a psychic that in a former life, I was a fisherman's wife in England. We were very poor and always worried about money until I died in a fish boat accident. Weird!!! My new guilty pleasure: watching Hannah Montana. Miley Cyrus is a star in the making. The girl has pipes!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home